Thursday, June 24, 2010
I had this for each entry:
But a real reference number looks like this:
"For example, the full reference given for the 8 year-old Yeo-Thomas is:
RG14PN5076 RG78PN225 RD78 SD1 ED5 SN313"
-quoted from the excellent Lost Cousins tutorial on Mastering the 1911 Census.
So what was I to do? I, like many others, were trying to hurry and get as many copies of documents needed from the 1911 census as possible, so I just downloaded and went on my way.
The secret is actually inside the Lost Cousins tutorial:
Go to the Findmypast Census Reference Search.
But wait - you have to have a piece number!
Ah hah! But where's the schedule number?
That's on your census, silly! Look at the upper right corner and it will give you the number.
And in the results, you will see:
And that is the full reference number needed to record your census entry. Do yourself a favor and save that number - write it in your tree and add it to the file name.
Monday, June 14, 2010
email@example.com Multiple Forward Phone (630) 286-9413
Summary of Qualifications
With 8 years of experience in architectural and engineering administration and marketing, I can provide your company with strong organizational skills and an in-depth knowledge of the unique processes behind such companies. My marketing coordinator knowledge makes me an ideal candidate for helping a professional services firm grow, and my administrative knowledge makes me ideal to help your office stay organized, and focused on the primary goal of making it easier for your architects and engineers to build their buildings in an organized and profit-motivated environment.
Adobe Illustrator CS2
Adobe Photoshop CS2 & CS3
Social Media Research
Adobe InDesign CS2 & CS3
MS Office Troubleshooting
Maps & Directions
MS PowerPoint 2003 & 2007
MS Word 2003 & 2007
Vendor Research & Proposals
MS Access 2007
Customer Service Experience
MS Excel 2003 & 2007
MS Outlook 2007
Relevant Work Experience
Stivers Staffing/Client: Lions Club International Oak Brook, IL 2010 – Present
Administrative Coordination for the Language Services Department which receives upwards of 150 translations requests per month in up to 10 languages. Responsibilities include coordination, TRADOS project management, project tracking, proofreading, filing, reporting, and invoicing.
SPAAN Tech, Inc. (STI) Chicago, IL 2008 – 2010
· Marketing Coordinator: Prepared Responses to RFQs and RFPs. Updated and maintained all marketing records associated with each RFQ and RFP. Used databases to maintain client proposal results, sort project descriptions, and test generation capabilities. Performed market research using databases, websites and new media, such as Twitter, to find information about competitors, clients and interview participants. Reviewed and updated SPAAN Tech listing on websites useful to the A/E/C community and ensured information accuracy. Led effort to update client marketing materials including resumes and project experience description pages. Attended local business development expositions hosted by various local entities.
o Coordinated CDB 255 project that won a Prime Civil Engineering contract with the State of Illinois Capital Development Board
o Coordinated RFQs that won multiple City of Chicago Target Market and Non-Target Market Blanket Contracts.
o Coordinated effort that won STI’s first Veterans Administration contract in Danville.
o Served as sub-consultant marketing coordinator for STI’s first US Navy contract.
o Led other winning marketing coordination efforts for US GSA, Kane County, Cook County, and the State of Illinois Central Management Services.
o Led update effort of client project proposal response database. Started with over 300 open proposal lists and narrowed the open list to less than 100 entries.
BLDD Architects, Inc. Chicago, IL 2002 – 2008
· Business Development Assistant - Prepared marketing submittals using Adobe InDesign at discretion of the Marketing Director. Prepared PowerPoint presentations for use in interviews and public events. Conducted research for the Business Development Director. Analyzed data for marketing executives. Utilized WebEx services to liaison with clients. Made development calls and consultant calls as needed.
o Relied upon as the “cool under pressure” person for tight deadlines.
· Administrative Assistant/Executive Assistant – used MS Office products for databases, logs, cost estimates, reports, letters and transmittals; acted as a liaison with clients, engineers and consultants; answered, managed and coordinated conference calls for 5 phone lines on a Intertel system; purchased all office supplies; shipped materials; edited architectural specification documents, coordinated all bidding documents.
o Sole administrative assistant for an office that grew from 4 people to 12.
o Impressed company Principals with quick turnaround and dedication to my executives.
South Suburban YMCA Harvey, IL 2000 – 2002
· Annual Campaign Administrator – managed and publicized YMCA’s Annual and Capital Support Campaign effort to raise $40,000; performed donor tracking including creation of donor files; developed and managed databases and invoicing; designed donation “bid” presentation.
· Interim Business Manager - Prepared and entered budget; communicated with current vendors; monitored bank drafting and membership statistics; assisted in payroll.
o Filled the role “on demand” to keep systems running over 3 month period without a system failure.
Applicable Non-Profit Experience
GenWeb, US & Canada 2004-Present
· County Coordinator – manages websites, mailing lists, and message boards of genealogical content for use of genealogists in the following counties: Iroquois County, IL; Alpena Co., MI; Bay of Quinte Region, ON; Prince Edward Co., ON; Lennox & Addington Co., ON; Hastings Co., ON.
· Former North East North Central Regional County Coordinator Representative – for National Board on behalf of 13 states of Coordinators. Researched and guided the Region through such events as a mass website migration and delicate negotiations with vendors and potential project partnerships.
US Junior Chamber (Jaycees) Berwyn, IL 2003 - Present
· Member –active contributor, project manager, and fundraiser for such charities as the American Cancer Society, ASPCA, and Habitat for Humanity.
· President – managed Board of Directors, motivated chapter, recruited new members and wrote award nominations, ran projects as necessary and worked as a "problem solver"
o Declared The Outstanding President of 2005 for the Northeast Region
o Held monthly membership meetings that attracted an avg. of 30 people,
· Membership Vice President –
o Planned all membership recruiting events attended by an average of 30 people
o Held call nights in which over 2000 calls were made per night
· Public Relations Chair
o Designed all public relations materials for chapter and coordinated public relations activities.
US Junior Chamber (Jaycees) State of Illinois 2007
· Public Relations State Chair – Train members across the State in how to use PR resources, write PR materials for the Illinois Jaycees and act as a personal press agent for the State President
US Junior Chamber (Jaycees) Northeast Region (Chicagoland), IL 2006- 2009
· Webmaster – maintained the Region website and made changes as requested
· Management Program Director – promoted the use of Planning Guides throughout Region, edited and updated the Region website, trained all members on management practices, promoted documentation of Region projects
Keller Graduate School of Management Chicago, IL 2009 – 2011
Currently pursuing Masters of Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing Management
St. Xavier University Chicago, IL 2000 – 2007
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration/International Business